Sunday, 9 August 2015

'LOL' Layout

Hey everyone,

This weekend I have decided to play along with the challenges over at clique kits on their Facebook page. For my first challenge I decided to play along with Adele's (aka inkiequill) challenge to use multiple photos on one layout.  I was certainly challenged but wasn't going to give up.

Firstly I decided on a set of photos I really wanted to scrap. Once I had the photos I knew I wanted it all to go down in a row. Next I had to work out my title. I also definitely knew that I wanted to use the word 'LOL' because seriously did we laugh our asses off in those set of photos and all for the sake of one proper family shot.

The 'LOL' title was done using my Brother Scan N Cut Machine. I designed it on the Canvas (the online design software for Brother Scan n Cut) then brought the design over to my machine and cut it out on a cream colour card stock by Franchivelle.


For the background of the letters I first played with some patterned paper and realised Nah Uh I don't like it. So then went to what feels more comfortable and that is my watercolours. I watercolored an A4 white cardstock in an Ombre effect using shades of yellows and oranges. Then stuck the 12x12 layout on top of the watercoloured paper.  I outlined the words with a fine liner as I felt they didn't stand out as much as I would have liked it too. On the two top photos I layered the photos on a yellow card stock and the bottom photos layered them on an orange cardstock.


For embellishments I kept it really simple and not too busy as I wanted the whole focus to be on the photos and the giant title. I decided on the cluster on the left hand corner and also a small cluster on the right.  The tag and the paper clip embellishment were completely handmade by me and I felt both those looked perfect on this layout. Layered a doily under the tag, couple of enamel dots and tiny word stickers and I called it done on that side. Oh also a touch of washi tape too. Then on the other side I cut up an orange paper into a tag and layered a homemade epoxy sticker on top and dated the layout.

I hope you guys like the layout and I hope my explanations above were clear.

Speak to you guys very soon

xoxo

Filiz






No comments:

Post a Comment